View Single Post

Old 05-14-2020, 04:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
A barber/hairdresser uses their fingers as a tool for cutting and styling hair. I would not expect a hair stylist or barber to wear gloves. I would, however, expect them to either wash their hands or use hand sanitizer between every patron.
Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Went to Cal's in Brownwood, hand sanitizer provided for customers, masks were REQUIRED for customers, barbers wore masks and gloves,
Yes, as I had said I agree on the hand sanitizer being sufficient. HOWEVER I disagree on gloves hampering their artistry. Many of them do wear gloves. Some at Cals do, some where my wife goes do and some I have seen on television specifically in Georgia do. It is partially to protect THEM as well as you. Not really sure why FOR MOST PARTS OF A MEN'S CUT they need their bare fingers. For men's hair they use the "buzzer" machine and scissors. To cut shorter they put the lengths of hair between their covered fingers. I really don't think it would be an "artistic" problem with the 10 minute "mostly machined" men's haircuts they give around here other than for personal comfort to use thin nitrile gloves.

After all SURGEONS USE THEM and they are cutting you opened and gloves certainly don't hamper their work style.
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.