View Single Post

Old 05-16-2020, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donassaid View Post
Good to know. I played Evan's Prairie on Thursday. Greens were "fair" and fairways were awful. Lopez yesterday. Greens were magnificent but a tad firm. Fairways and tee boxes were very poor. According to David Williams, Director of Golf, the mowers are set to cut fairways at 5/8" but that is a joke. More like 1/8". I realize it has been dry but they are watering everyday and we have been blessed with cool nights and warm days - ideal grass growing conditions. They should just quit mowing altogether for a couple of weeks and let the grass grow.
They can water everyday and it won’t make much difference on the fairways with the grass cut way to short. These fairways are meant not to pool water, so unless the fairway has been properly aerated the some but not all water will be absorbed. Taking a proper divot when hitting on the fairways around here puts you at risk of bone joint damage 😎. The greens IMO are another story. On most courses they’re not consistent from hole to hole. Some are like rolling ball on a carpet and in the same course others are like rolling a ball on cement. I would be happy if they spent more time watering and cutting the greens properly but they don’t.