View Single Post

Old 05-16-2020, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlee024 View Post
I play the Championship Golf Courses three times a week. I am going to discuss the course condition on a weekly basis. For the week of May 11th:

Played Tierra Del Sol Monday. The course is in terrible condition. Recently punched with large holes and lots of sand still on the greens. The greens were very bumpy. Same for the tee boxes which had very little to no grass on them. I have been playing golf for over 50 years in the state of Florida, and I have never seen this bad a job done.

Played Havana Tuesday. Course was in very good good condition just coming off of aerification. Good grass on the greens and fairways, although the par 3 tee boxes, (white tees), need more grass. The new style cups were cut mostly correct. There were a few that were not cut deep enough.

Played Cane Thursday: Course was in very good good condition just coming off of aerification. Good grass on the greens and fairways, although the par 3 tee boxes, (white tees), need more grass. The cups on the Jacaranda holes were ALL cut incorrectly, that is not cut deep enough. Some of the holes had the new plastic cup only a 1/4 inch deep.

Conclusions. If Tierra Del Sol was a real Country Club its members would have the ground crew and greenkeeper fired. Whoever did the aerification has no clue how to do the job correctly. Or worse, they don't care.

The golf course admin teams needs to get grass on the tee boxes, and teach someone how to change the tees on a regular basis, especially the par 3's.

The golf course admin teams needs to teach the cup cutters how to cut a holle correctly and teach them were no to put cups.

I don't think it is to much to ask for grass on the course and cups cut correctly. This is a management problem and needs to be corrected by management.
I play championship courses five times a week and much of what you said is factual, however if you played TDS the week of May 11, only a couple days after aeration on May 8, you can not complain about the aeration holes, sand or bumpy greens. It is known that aerated greens require about 2 weeks to recover. I keep the aeration schedule on hand and do not play within two weeks of aeration if possible. As for the everyone's complaint of the tightness of the fairways. With the COVID-19 restrictions, we have twice as many carts driving on the fairways. In addition, we have far too many RA tags, who's owners think they can drive anyplace they want...including right up to the green's edge, next to tee boxes, and cutting across country to the next tee box instead of taking the cart paths. I find that those that complain the most are the worst offenders. I commend the golf administration in the condition of the greens this year. They are overall the best I have seen in 10 years in TV. Except for Mallory which had a maintainence mishap, all the greens have been in very good shape this year. We as golfers need to be better patrons for our courses and fill all the divots in your area and on tee boxes, fix multiple ball marks on every green, smooth the bunkers and leave them in better shape than when you arrived, stay on the cart paths as much as possible and keep carts with RA tags away from greens.