View Single Post

Old 05-16-2020, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilligas View Post
I play championship courses five times a week and much of what you said is factual, however if you played TDS the week of May 11, only a couple days after aeration on May 8, you can not complain about the aeration holes, sand or bumpy greens. It is known that aerated greens require about 2 weeks to recover. I keep the aeration schedule on hand and do not play within two weeks of aeration if possible. As for the everyone's complaint of the tightness of the fairways. With the COVID-19 restrictions, we have twice as many carts driving on the fairways. In addition, we have far too many RA tags, who's owners think they can drive anyplace they want...including right up to the green's edge, next to tee boxes, and cutting across country to the next tee box instead of taking the cart paths. I find that those that complain the most are the worsE offenders. I commend the golf administration in the condition of the greens this year. They are overall the best I have seen in 10 years in TV. Except for Mallory which had a maintainence mishap, all the greens have been in very good shape this year. We as golfers need to be better patrons for our courses and fill all the divots in your area and on tee boxes, fix multiple ball marks on every green, smooth the bunkers and leave them in better shape than when you arrived, stay on the cart paths as much as possible and keep carts with RA tags away from greens.
I played Mallory last Sunday. The greens must have improved by the time you played. I found the cut on the greens inconsistent from green to green. Some over cut others undercut. They should all be the same. The more undercut the green is the more excessive roll which then forces many players to chip which delays play. These courses are not hosting PGA event so the undercut especially now is not necessary and stresses the green