View Single Post

Old 05-17-2020, 07:55 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts
Default Who's excited about LIVE golf match next Sunday? I sure am!!!

Tom Brady, Phil Mickelson, Peyton Manning and Tiger Woods to Tee Off for Coronavirus Relief

In a sports-starved society amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, four of the most high-profile competitors across any sport are facing off for your entertainment, and to raise money for coronavirus relief. Bucs quarterback Tom Brady will pair off with former Arizona State Sun Devil Phil Mickelson and take on former NFL quarterback Peyton Manning and Tiger Woods, who needs no qualifier on May 24 for "The Match: Champions for Charity" golf tournament, another iteration of Capital One's "The Match" series at the Medalist Golf Club in Hobe Sound, Florida, just outside of Palm Beach.TNT and TBS will broadcast “The Match”. The action will get underway at 3 p.m. ET on Sunday.

An accompanying $10 million donation to COVID-19 relief efforts was announced last week by Turner Sports, TNT will broadcast the tournament.

And while it may be for charity, with these four, you can bet the trash talk has already started. In fact, Brady may have kicked it off with this tweet.

Tom Brady
@TomBrady

Never had much of a hard time beating the colts or a tiger, don’t see this time being much different...
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	EWT-mhjX0AIPh45.jpeg
Views:	317
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	84148