View Single Post

Old 05-17-2020, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Very disappointed that the powers that be would even consider converting Silver Lake to anything but a renovated 9 hole executive course. It is our go to executive golf course. Living North of 466 has very many advantages over other areas of the Villages, but executive golf is not one of them. The courses are few and far between and not nearly as nice as the courses south of 466. Not the fault of the developers, Championship Golf was the selling point when that part of the Villages was developed.

During our home search in the Villages, we rented a beautiful manufactured home on Paradise Lake, very close to Silver Lake, and it quickly became my wife's favorite course. It is the original executive course in the bubble. We still play both Silver Lake and Hill Top (both in the Historic Section) frequently. Converting it to a glorified miniature golf course would be nothing short of a major sin. Why in the world they would even consider converting the golf course into a glorified miniature golf course, for a cost of over a million dollars, is beyond me. The other option is to upgrade Siver Lake and keep it as an executive course, for around a half a million. Is it even worth considering the million dollar plus option? Please keep Silver Lake as an executive golf corse : )
I read somewhere Hilltop started as a practice facility before it became Hilltop prior to around 1975, maybe? I've been seeking pictures of it for my own curious nature.