View Single Post

Old 05-17-2020, 09:01 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomp679 View Post
Possibly you read the Washington Examiner article from 5/11. What I noticed in reading it was the it didn't state if any student was tested. It just shows a chart that no student on-campus tested positive for COVID 19.

According to President Trump yesterday, "When you test, you have a case. When you test, you find something is wrong with people. If we didn't do any testing we would have very few cases." Liberty University may use that philosphy in their 'model' as no statement was made on how many tests were conducted.

So Liberty can spin it, but even without a case, it does not mean it was the smart or right thing to do. This is a global health crisis; not a political conspiracy to take away your liberties and push a partisan view.

Even a drunk person can drive a car and not kill someone else for their carelessness, but that doesn't mean drunk driving is harmless. Drunk driving kills people every day and COVID has now killed approximately 90000 people in the US in the same time period since Liberty U reopened. The death toll is still climbing.

If a person takes a risk that kills them, that is their choice; their liberty to choose. If a person takes an unnecessary risk that exposes and kills someone else, the question is who gave them the right to take the innocent persons liberty?

So please don't spin your partisan anecdotal arguments during a global health event. This is a man versus nature issue; not a man vs man issue.

Liberty University, wrongly declared a virus disaster, now the ‘model’ to follow: Jerry Falwell
My head is spinning after reading this, I think I've got the whirlies.

Up until very recently, in most places you don't get a test unless you have symptoms. Liberty followed this protocol, and tested a few students who had symptoms, and also quarantined them for 14 days. Most of the students took their classes online. If you are accusing Liberty U of carelessness due to lack of testing, look no further than your back yard as only a small percentage of Villagers have been tested.

The death rate for Covid 19 patients in their 20s is 0.06. Overall death rate for influenza is 0.1 and in some cases, like the swine flu, attacked and killed younger people the most.

When you have reports of actual cases and deaths caused by Liberty U staying open let us know. All you have now is a whole lot of spinning with the usual "they're going to kill us all"

New York Times misleads public about extent of COVID-19 symptoms among Liberty University students | Liberty University