Thread: Preppers
View Single Post

Old 05-18-2020, 07:19 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
When did being prepared become a bad thing?

I'm not paranoid. I've learned from experience. And it has paid off.

We live in Washington State. When the Fukushima nuclear reactors melted down they thought the radiation cloud might reach the west coast. I bought N-95 masks. Thankfully didn't need them.

Fast forward to Covid-19. My wife is a nurse. Her hospital ran low on N-95's early on and was only giving them to personnel who worked with Covid patients their entire shifts. My wife only entered Covid rooms when she had to perform a specific task so only received an uprated surgical mask. I was able to send her to work with an N-95 everyday until the hospital was able to replenish their stock.

We live in an earthquake prone part of the country. We have lots of bridges that go over water. Without bridges to cross that water, trucks can't deliver groceries. So I have enough shelf stable food to last awhile. If any number of those bridges collapse while my wife is at work there will be no way for her to drive home. Luckily we live about a mile from Puget Sound and can actually launch a boat locally and pick her up at the marina a block from the hospital.

Ever think about what would happen if we had another truckers strike? You think the shelves emptied fast for Covid? You ain't seen nothing.
You can call this paranoia all you want but it's simple forethought with a little investment in planning.

A failure to plan is a plan to fail..
Obviously it's a Row Boat you wouldn't want to take a chance of running out of gas.

Not a Sail Boat no wind a no, no so safe bet Rowing. Off ya go to safety.

For me ?

Right now I have a 2 + week supply of Beer Mic Ultra 16 oz. cans, Wine not cheap, and yes the food .

Lean Cuisine, plus 3 bottles pasta sauce ( Bertolli's ) enough pasta hey bring it on !

Oh yes 4 Cans of soup just in case.