View Single Post

Old 05-20-2020, 07:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
- A joint MIT and Harvard study has determined that the Wuhan Virus has difficulty transmitting in temperatures over 77 degrees. They have determined that the rate of transmission drops an average of 1.7% for each degree at 77 or above. Adding in humidity and wind enhances the decrease. Today will be around 90 and humid. You have a 22% to 25% LESS chance of getting infected.
I believe that it's been fairly common knowledge that it's very difficult to contract this virus while outdoors. The problem that I see is that we go from our air conditioned homes, to our air conditioned cars and into air conditioned stores and business. And the people that work in those businesses are in that air conditioned environment for eight hours.

The chances of contracting the virus in a business is not reduced by 22%-25%. And the chance of you transferring it someone in your home is not reduced, unless you keep your AC set above 77*.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.