View Single Post

Old 05-20-2020, 05:08 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
That is not correct. Valid polls show that 70% of the U.S. population are from somewhat concerned to very concerned about the health risk to opening business as usual. That is my opinion and I will link.

polls showing concern about reopening businesses - Bing
Thank you for that, Gracie. I think we're all concerned about the "health risk" of reopening. But whether or not people are willing to take those risks, and take appropriate precautions to manage the risk *while reopening* is another matter.

I should have said my evidence about the political divide is only anecdotal, but my experience has shown a lot of consistency of opinion depending on affiliation. Most on the left want to go slowly, and most of the ones who want to reopen now, in my experience, lean right. Of course, there are a lot of exceptions to both, but it's what I've noticed. It could be completely off base, but in some of my conversations with folks, they've noticed the same dichotomy.

I watch all three cable TV news networks, and I clearly see this division being played out there, i.e., the conservative station is ready to reopen and the two liberal stations do not support reopening yet.

Not that it matters. I'm just glad that Chris, who is indeed a spokesperson for the left, had the courage to speak his mind.

Another thing, left-leaners seem to prefer staying closed, but that doesn't mean that everyone who isn't ready to reopen leans left.

Last edited by LiverpoolWalrus; 05-20-2020 at 05:56 PM.