View Single Post

Old 05-20-2020, 05:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,667 Times in 1,504 Posts
Default Cleaned and sanitized!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathi71 View Post
Hi, If you have Remax Property managers what do you think of their proposal to 'sanitize our houses and then charge us extra every month to list them as 'sanitized'?
If you have someone else, are they doing this? Who do you have? Do you like them?
Why or why not?
K
All of us that have rental properties have taken the financial hit due to covid. The management companies and hospitality industry felt it too. But I feel like sailor1 said in his/her post#4, that any client coming to stay has a right to expect that the property was cleaned/sanitized before their arrival.
We use Relax also, needless to say I was disappointed when I received the email. We moved to Relax when our former management company started offering "special upgrades" like high-end this and that. That company ended up costing the folks that they represented lots of money. But that was then and this is now with a large, well known company.
When the email came I relived the horror of our previous experience. And, the timing couldn't be worse. Rentals non-existent, loss of income we were expecting while still paying ongoing maintenance and utilities. I'm not intimating that we may be about to relive our past experience, but it starting in an eerily similar manner.
Personally, we always had tried to be better than the competition in our price point. Also liked the idea of adding personal touches to achieve this. New plan is heading toward standardized sheets, blankets, towels and more. Wanting to de-personalize our property and charging us to do it.
This said, we will not be signing up for the program at this time and will be watching to be sure they do cut back on the services we signed up for.
Sadly, not everyone is able (for many reasons) to manage their own rental property.