Thread: Car Ding
View Single Post

Old 05-21-2020, 06:17 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,840 Times in 777 Posts

A couple weeks ago my girlfriend bought a new Ford F-250 pickup truck. When we got it to her house, she asked me to grab a couple short lengths of 6 x 6 she uses for blocking the wheels of her horse trailer and toss them into the truck bed. One was covered with dried mud, slipped out of my hand, and hit the side of the truck, causing a 2” round dent in her new truck. I felt awful about it and promised to pay for the repair. (Shouldn’t a truck body be stronger than that?) Of course, a year from now, judging from the condition of her last truck, she will have much bigger dents, and she won’t get them fixed.

As for me, I try to park maybe a hundred yards from the store I’m visiting if it is a busy period. I especially avoid tight spaces.

My girlfriend’s mother, who is 85, drives a fancy Lexus. She not only tries to park close to the store—even though she walks three miles a day—but when she wants to back out, she pulls straight back without looking. Last year a guy ran into her while she was doing that. She actually thought that she had the right of way if she was backing out! She argued that he was at fault.

Last edited by MandoMan; 05-21-2020 at 06:22 AM.