View Single Post

Old 05-22-2020, 06:40 AM

I lived on a golf course here for over nine years. Loved my view and it was for many years peaceful and quiet.I loved watching the golfers tee off and putt. However, it is very difficult to maintain the dirt, pollen, mold, summer kitchen, pool etc. The sun eventually rots the screens, the cool deck needs to be redone....on and on! That being said, it, too became a park after hours. Walkers, joggers, bikers and a dog park. People socializing, setting off fire crackers on the holidays and smoking. Not sure who has the authority after hours, but was told, no one was allowed on the course when closed. I also was on a pond and that was another problem. Water moccasins and rats.
People walking down there to fish???? I moved last year, and absolutely love being away from all of that. A nice clean enclosed lanai that can open up for fresh air. The positive was.... over nine years, I made a nice nest egg of $$$$ when I sold !!! These activities would never be allowed in most golf course communities. Thousands of dollars are spent to maintain these areas for golfing purposes. We pay trail fees to have access to the golf course for play. Should we start charging a fee to everyone for access to the golf courses????

Last edited by Fisherman; 05-22-2020 at 06:48 AM. Reason: Add more