Thread: Memorial Day
View Single Post

Old 05-22-2020, 09:33 AM

Just thought I'd give my first public appreciation and share that my father, James Mitch Eller, lost his young life on May 25, 1945 on the USS Bates in Okinawa, at the age of 19. He would have had his 20th birthday on May 31st. I was 11 days old.
My 19 year old mother, June L. Weaver Eller..., God bless her sweet soul, was a sweetheart, wife, mother and widow in less than one year. She and my grandparents taught me the importance of giving thanks to those who fought for the wonderful freedom that we all enjoy here in the United States of America.
Thank you to my family members listed below who have all done their share to keep our freedom:
(Father) James Mitch Eller, U.S. Navy
(Grandfather), Jefferson Cole Weaver, Sr., U.S. Army, WWII.
(Uncle), Jefferson C. Weaver, Jr., U.S. Marines
(Brother) Middie Austin Starling, III, U.S. Army
(Brother) Paul L. Moye, U.S. Army
(Former Spouse) Dennis Asbury Teasley, U S. Army

I will be flying a large American flag at my home and on my Red, White and Blue golf cart as I travel throughout The Villages this weekend in recognition of my relatives and all who fought for our country, as well to all fellow Americans who join me in remembering those who helped make America what it is today. I realize that thousands of families endured similar tragedies, we are survivors who will never forget. We are so blessed! Forever Thankful! God Bless America
Ramona Eller Teasley, Glenbrook