View Single Post

Old 05-22-2020, 10:22 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
I'm not sure who the actual owners of Village Grown are...my guess is that at some level the Morse family has a financial interest in it (if not backing the whole venture)

if that is true, I seriously doubt that they are interested in doing anything that will compete with the restaurants that are already in TV and are trying to reopen/survive

Frankly I'm disappointed that Village Grown seems to be evolving so slowly....

They have a lot of buildings, but it seems very little is actually being grown yet...

it appears that they have their hands full right now just trying to get off the ground and get their arms around doing what they've defined as their primary business..

hopefully once they hit full production the cost of their produce will become a little more reasonable

Organic is more expensive...but when you're able to grown 10 x's as much on the same area as field grown I'd hope prices will come down

but, I suspect that there will be a resistance to compete with the local farmers on a cost basis as that could ultimately drive those small family farms out of business
The Village grown game plan was always , Supplying fresh produce to all the assisted living, memory care. Then providing restaurants. If there was excessive produce then the public would be able to buy. Think of how much they save by growing their own.