View Single Post

Old 05-22-2020, 09:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,671 Times in 1,506 Posts
Default I agree, in part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saddlebrook View Post
If you have any questions about the RE/MAX Certified Sanitized Homes please give them a call at 352-460-4633. Really frustrating to see people on social media platforms speak about issues that they are not fully educated on. This is a new program that is on a voluntary basis for the homeowner. In fairness, one should know what they are talking about, prior to making a comment. I realize this program is not for everybody, but for me it is. I like knowing that the "spread" on the bed is clean for my arrival, not to worry about the last time the owner had the bedspread at the cleaners or even having to put the spread in the corner of the closet during my stay. There are many other perks to this program that will bring comfort to renters, as well as owners, as the world is certainly navigating in a new direction in what is acceptable in the rental world.
Frustrating to not have all the facts, for sure. Have not yet had the opportunity to learn all the facts yet. My main points were,1: pour timing to try hitting the property owners with a bill for several hundred dollars (which benefits them) at a time, typically high season, when many of us have a major part of our projected annual earnings with no clue to when/if our market will return. 2: due to recommendations, many of us have invested a lot of money in higher quality sheets, towels, etc that we are being told we must now remove in favor of what they will place in all properties (like hotel linen/towels, etc) to be laundered off site some industrial site?. 3: charge us ongoing fees while they save money streamlining their operation.
So far all the information I have is what was written in the email which I interpreted, correctly or incorrectly, that they want me to pay more, de-personalize my property. The only thing that I get for my expense is they will add the word "sanitized" in my ad. If you opt out, well, who knows.
Sadly, we had a very bad and very costly experience with our previous management company. When I first read the email, my initial reaction was "maybe it's time to get out". But I want to get more information before deciding.
My first post was in response to the OP who seemed to have similar concerns. She asked for our opinion, that is all I gave , an opinion based on the only information either of us had.