Thread: Unwanted mail
View Single Post

Old 05-23-2020, 07:06 AM
Default ...another view

Respectfully, I must take a different view.

I am not a JW, and not interested in joining their church, but have found them to be friendly and easy to talk-to. I have my own belief system, but (honestly) I learn more about the Bible with each JW visitation. The two that come by my home are welcomed during their 2-3 visits per year. Yea, I know they’re not “supposed” solicit but I’d rather talk to them than the stream of folks who want to inspect my roof, or whatever.

Believe it or not, I have actually READ “The Watchtower” they leave with me. I find it fairly elementary, but easily understood. I am not interested in joining their Faith, but Lord knows (pun intended), in the present World I welcome most folks who honestly hold their ‘belief.

Given the anger that TOTV sometimes elicits, I’m almost fearful of what my comments may bring ... but what the Hell, we can all have our own perspectives.

P.S. I received a brief handwritten letter from my JW-guy (Dale...) on Friday.
He simply expressed concern for all of us in these difficult pandemic times, and hoped I was doing ‘ok. His letter wasn’t ‘preachy, political, or asking for a donation. All-in-all I welcome the next time we have a chance to chat.