View Single Post

Old 05-23-2020, 09:48 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) nows estimates that 35 percent of coronavirus infections are asymptomatic.

But that’s not even the most important part of their latest estimates. It’s the CDC’s new “best estimate” for the case fatality rate amongst symptomatic patients.

0-49 years old: .05%
50-64 years old: .2%
65+ years old: 1.3%
Overall ages: .4%

According to the CDC’s current best estimate, the case fatality rate of the coronavirus is .4 percent. And that’s just amongst symptomatic cases, which, the CDC estimates, is 65 percent of all cases. This means the CDC estimates that the fatality rate for all infections across all age groups, symptomatic as well as asymptomatic, is approximately .26 percent.

Back in March, the World Health Organization (WHO) estimated a 3.4 percent fatality rate and Dr. Anthony Fauci estimated that the fatality rate of the coronavirus was about 2 percent.

Somebody else said this "I think that that number is very high. I think the number, personally, I would say the number is way under 1 percent"

COVID-19 Pandemic Planning Scenarios | CDC

In contrast to his recent rather gloomy Senate testimony, Dr Fauci now says this

Dr. Anthony Fauci says staying closed for too long could cause ‘irreparable damage’

Stay-at-home orders intended to curb the spread of the coronavirus could end up causing “irreparable damage” if imposed for too long, White House health advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci said.

“I don’t want people to think that any of us feel that staying locked down for a prolonged period of time is the way to go,” he told CNBC.

Coronavirus: Dr. Anthony Fauci says staying closed for too long could cause '''irreparable damage'''

In a separate interview with NPR earlier in the day, Fauci said it was “conceivable” that the U.S. could begin to roll out a coronavirus vaccine by December.

He told CNBC that biotech firm Moderna’s vaccine data, released earlier this week, was very encouraging.
Just last week Dr. Fauci testified before Congress it was doom and gloom.

Now he changed his tune less than a week later.

Unfortunately the damage is done. The mind set now is mild panic.

On top of that the term " Never Let A Crises Go To Waste " ( Rahm Emanuel ) coined that phrase. Some states are still in total lockdown. They have an agenda.

The President's hands are tied to a point. The Attorney General can file a lawsuit to a Federal Judge, to try and force the Governors to cancel the lockdown.

We all know what the USA was doing before Covid-19 hit.

It is an Election Year with that in mind, the gang in Washington are Pro's at playing games.