View Single Post

Old 05-23-2020, 10:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
Yes, 93,000 is bad but nowhere near as bad as 2,200,000 the model they were using projected when they panicked and shut down the country. The new overall death rate of 0.26 is evidence that a worldwide economic shutdown was an over reaction. They could have just told seniors to self isolate and protected nursing homes better and the death totals would have been less than yearly flu deaths.
Can't make the connection between the reduced death total and the actions taken? Hmmmm. Of course everyone would then need to redefine seniors. I'm sure if you were in your 60's (some probably in your 70"s) you would identify as not being a senior. Heck, at 75 I still have trouble with people calling me a senior or vulnerable. We have all heard it before, hindsight is 20/20. It's easy for us to look at where we are and take shots at those that made the decisions to lockdown because we don't shoulder the responsibility. In six months hindsight will again lead the discussion and if those with the responsibility don't make the call that agrees with our bias and agenda, we will call for them to be fired also.

Berks County Pennsylvania