View Single Post

Old 05-23-2020, 07:07 PM

Really like the guy that cuts my hair, but very disappointed in the total lack of safe practices when I visited this week. No distancing markings in the waiting area, No instruction / offer to wait outside for notification, barber chair with another customer sitting in it about 5 feet away. Neither barber wearing a mask, No obvious sanitizing of equipment after each customer, chairs were brushed off with the apron to remove hair from last customer, then same apron put on me with just a little strip of tissue between it and my neck. I requested my barber don a mask, and he complied, but that was the only thing different there than normal. I would have walked out except my hair was way past due and I didn't want to cause a scene. They are nice people, but I will not willingly be subjected to that lack of attention to sanitation ever again (assuming I live long enough to need another haircut).
I may call and give them a chance to shape up and get with the sanitation program because their work is good. If I call now they will have plenty of time to change the way their NOT seeming to care about the guidelines. Please do not ask me for the name of the barber or the shop as I do not want to see them shut down if they have clients who are OK with things the way they are now. I felt I had been exposed to dangerous conditions by a "friend" ? This place is not CAL's but from the favorable comments above, Cal's may have to be my choice for the next haircut.