View Single Post

Old 05-25-2020, 03:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,590 Times in 568 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceyMooreRN View Post
We are looking at expanding our garage by blowing out the back wall of our golf cart garage and making the back of the garage wider. We will need to relocate the air returns, hot water heater and outside a/c unit to optimize our existing garage space. The goal is to change the golf cart garage into single car garage door and make it deep enough to hold two cars back to back, bass boat (which will extend back into the area where the existing closet holds the air return/hot water tank) and golf cart. No, I don't want to buy a bigger house, no I am not interested in moving. My lot is perfect for adding a pool and now garage big enough for our toys.

Does anyone have any experience in doing this with a Lantana or any other model? Our first option was to build 6 feet forward- unfortunately our site plan does not allow going forward.
I just looked at a Lilly that the golf cart garage was converted to a extended car garage, for a classic car. You would never know it had been changed from a cart garage. Sadly there is no owner available, because I am thinking of doing the same addition, but I only have to move air conditioning unit