View Single Post

Old 05-25-2020, 09:54 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I really enjoyed the last match. Tom Brady couldn't hit a fairway and he didn't even use his driver, I forgot how many times he had an unplayable lie or lost ball. At one point, Brooks Koepka called in and said he would donate a $100K if Brady could just make a par. Finally about the 7th hole Charles Barkley was saying I want to play Brady and I'll even give you strokes, and Barkley is bad, at which Tom hit a 150 shot to the green, it landed 3' from the cup and backed up into the cup for birdie.

Peyton Manning was fantastic with the irons, and he did hit driver off the tee but also couldn't hit a fairway. Phil was giving some great pointers on chipping and what to look for in the grain when landing and rolling out the shot. He gave an in depth lesson to Tom about a chip, at which point Barkley said he's giving the brain surgery explanation, but the chip stopped a foot from the cup.

Tiger hit every fairway, it's the best he's hit the ball in quite sometime. Tiger and Peyton were 3 up at one point, but Phil and Tom fought back and it came down to the last hole with Tiger and Peyton holding onto their 1 hole lead for the victory.

If people think paint drying is more interesting, then they don't know anything about golf, or more importantly sports in general. Head to head competition is the best, and that's what we had here. It wasn't the Masters or the US Open, but then again, they ain't happening at this moment.
+++ to all your analysis. Sure at times it was slow - I did DVR and began watching an hour or so into it, so FFwd thru commercials etc. Too bad the weather was so bad, althought that did add some interest and challenges. I liked the banter - it was most times lively and certainly funny and not 'uppity'. Good to see Tiger back on track, Phil such a wise man on the course, Peyton a very good golfer (more time to practice being retired, and TB with the struggles and all - a nice calm (but so competitive) guy. Best of all, this was finally a SPORT to watch - unpainted mostly.