Thread: New Villages
View Single Post

Old 05-27-2020, 06:48 AM

In most of the world, a 20 year old home (resale) would not be considered old, and may have more character than brand new. I often hear from people in the "new" construction areas, that they wished they hadn't bought there. Too far to reach the nicer, more charming squares in the north part, and all the shopping, and 441/27 and 466. Plus issues with lovebugs and mosquitos, blasting for construction, prison nearby, and other things are commented on as detractions. I would guess you are older, since you were here before and moved and are coming back. The more recent the development area, the younger the overall population tends to skew. Have also heard concerns about clique-ishness and status with the newer home areas. Only hearsay, but i've heard it more than once. Plus you pay a substantial bond with new construction ($20 - $30 thousand dollars) which you will never get back. Someone mentioned the areas around Sumter Landing - they are nice and established, with full plantings and growth, plus access to everything. We are north of there and half way between Sumter Landing and Spanish Springs. Close to both highways and shopping. For us, great place to be.