View Single Post

Old 05-29-2020, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
There are no HOA fees in The Villages. You are probably right, you should have done more research and asked more questions, this has never been sold as a an exclusive or gated community. We moved here six years ago and have never been disappointed, but we rented for three years before moving, attended CDD meetings and talked to neighbors. We love the snowbirds, bring a new life for a few months, spend their money then give it back to us full timers.
Well it’s a fee of $162 a month, whatever it is called. There is a difference between snowbirds and renting out. I understand “snowbirds” live here maybe 6 months out of the year and go back north, but I didn’t realize so many people rented there homes. And yes I viewed this as being exclusive with the fees we pay and the bonds we pay. I just don’t feel renters or guest should use certain things. The place a lived at before, guest were not allowed to use our workout facility. We didn’t want just anybody coming in there and maybe not using stuff right or younger people abusing it. Just saying. If I didn’t care about this I would have moved into a high rise condo on the beach where ever week you have a different neighbor.