View Single Post

Old 05-29-2020, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
As for me, in public venues I wear a mask indoors but rarely outdoors.
Well, I wear a COURTESY mask almost everywhere, including when I’m outside. I wear it when walking, riding my bike, and even in my golf cart. And, here’s why.

Yesterday morning I was riding my bike between the Colony tunnel and the road leading to Walmart when someone passed me in his red, Yamaha golf cart. Just after he pulled back in front of me, he sneezed out the side of his cart. He wasn’t wearing a mask and made no attempt to cover his sneeze. As I was just 20 feet behind him and going about 15 mph, I ended up riding right through that cloud of germs. There was nothing I could do to avoid it. I probably got germs all over me, including in my eyes. If this inconsiderate @#$&! is infected with C-19, there’s a possibility that I am now infected. As an asthmatic male over 65, that doesn’t bode well for me.

So, if you refuse to wear a COURTESY mask, just remember that you are committing reckless endangerment on your fellow human beings if you are unwittingly infected with C-19. This isn’t a matter of rights—it’s a matter of common courtesy and caring about the welfare of others. By refusing to wear a mask, you are condemning at-risk people to never venturing outside. You are taking away THEIR right to enjoy life in this trying time.

Just wear the stupid mask, already, and quit being such an inconsiderate snowflake! I’m not directing that comment at manaboutown, but to the militant people who think that being asked to wear a courtesy mask is an attack on their rights.