View Single Post

Old 05-30-2020, 07:13 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Please, read the book first. Please! You will dive into it--you won't regret it. The series is slightly different from the book in a few areas. If you read it first and then watch the series, PM me your thoughts.
Thank you. I will take your advice. Book first.

I think you just rescued Mr. Boomer from watching the movie with me, tonight. He just finished reading “The Looming Tower: Al-Qaeda and the Road to 9/11” by Lawrence Wright. That’s the book that won the Pulitzer for Wright. It is also a Hulu series now. Mr. B. is watching it, but I don’t want to.

Lawrence Wright is the writer who just published “The End of October” that was mentioned earlier in the thread. It’s fiction, about a pandemic. He started it a couple of years ago and gave it to his publisher last year.

Mr. Boomer and I have very different reading lists. I try to keep him supplied with books I think he will like. I am always right, but I do think there is a good chance he would leave me for Doris Kearns Goodwin if she ever gave him a come hither look. I think he has read almost every book she has written. “Team of Rivals” is his favorite.

Last edited by Boomer; 05-30-2020 at 07:19 PM.