View Single Post

Old 05-31-2020, 06:00 AM
Location: Mt. AIRY NC, NORFOLK VA, VA BEACH, VA, FT WAYNE,IN, CINCINNATI, OH, ROSWELL, GA, THE VILLAGES
Default cost

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymini View Post
A vote will be taken on the new recycling, or rather the non recycling program, on June 18 by NSCUDD. It appears that September will be the last of the recycling and the "burn" will begin in October. All garbage and recyclables, including yard waste, will be burned. I understand the economics and I understand that there is a energy component, but I do not understand why, aluminum, which can be recycled over and over with no degradation and which still has some value in the recycling market is not put aside. I also do not understand why the garbage pick ups cannot be only once a week instead of twice a week, reducing carbon footprint. I do not look forward to inhaling the toxins released from the burn of plastic, etc. assuming that the burn will be in this vicinity. I am very sorry to see this happening. We will also be seeing an increase in charges. I, for one, am crushing my aluminum cans and will be reducing the amount of plastics I purchase. I will also be contacting manufacturers of items I buy to ask them to reduce the packaging they use for new products. I will be eliminating the newspaper (or that is what it is called) since that will also not be recycled. Odd because the cost of the newspaper went up significantly the last time I subscribed to it. There are plenty of things that can be done to reduce garbage and hope people concerned with the environment look into them and do what they can to reduce waste. I sincerely believe this burn to be a mistake.
it's always about the cost