View Single Post

Old 05-31-2020, 11:05 AM
Default Takes 3 days o drive to northeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapbas View Post
Taking a trek to the northeast and allowing 2 days to get there. Goal is 84 through Hartford.

My ideas. 301 to 95 to Richmond, VA. Stay overnight, pick up 64 west to 81 and find my way to 84.

Plan B same as above, but head East around Richmond, maybe stay at Virginia Beach, go over bridge tunnel and travel north to a route through jersey.

Any thoughts or recommendations including a CV compliant hotel
Unless you drive 12 hours a day, you wont make it in 2 days. We drive to Boston yearly, and while we have done it in two days, its a lot of time on the road, and now we do it in 3 days with an average of 8 hours a day driving. It takes even longer to go via virginia beach. We’ve done that once - a pretty drive, but many hours longer. Avoid NYC if at all possible.

We’ve even made our way to 81 to avoid the traffic and trucks on I95. A longer drive (+4 hrs) but so much prettier, safer and relaxing. BTW, my husband has a lead foot - we are not slow drivers. Another alternative is the auto train from sanford to just south of Washington. But it is expensive. And not sure how safe re covid.