View Single Post

Old 06-01-2020, 06:33 AM
Default Disagree in every aspect with that post

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
You have never had to leave your house to go to school or work, and worry that the police car driving up the road is going to stop and officers come out with their hands on the handles of their guns, questioning why you're walking on the sidewalk in your neighborhood.

You have never had to be followed by a store clerk who is worried that you're going to steal something.

You've never been in an elevator and when it opened on another floor, the young family about to get in, chose to wait for another elevator instead.

That is privilege. You enjoy things that black people don't get to enjoy, simply by virtue of your skin color.
I am sorry, but I have to disagree with that post totally, I am a Hispanic male, came over from Cuba In 1962, landed in Miami, did not speak English, had to work since there was no welfare back then, worked as many as 3 jobs to be able to eat, bought a car on payments and moved to Virginia. I saw and felt discrimination, I saw the signs saying “Cubans not allowed” I was called every bad name in the book, I got over it and are now retired with no debt, no pension, but very stable and I buy what I want when I want. It’s what you make of yourself what counts. If you live with a chip on your shoulder it will be there FOREVER. GET OVER IT, work hard, worship hard live a clean life, EVERYONE CAN MAKE IT. AMERICA IS THE LAND OF OPPORTUNITIES, IF YOU ARE WILLING AND ABLE TO EARN IT. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!!