View Single Post

Old 12-13-2008, 01:46 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver stallion View Post
Redwich,
I've been a Dolphin fan since the very first game when the opening kickoff was run back for a touchdown by Joe Auer against the Oakland Raiders. We had a few bad years lately, but this year is really looking up.
I fell in love with the Fish when I saw Mercury Morris run. I stand by my past statements that he would have been declared the greatest running back of all time had he been playing with any other team. He really was superfluous with Kiich, Griese, Czonka, et al. But I loved him. I was truly saddened by his downfall to cocaine.

Considering I lived in California at the time and the Bay Area had the Traitors, becoming a Dolfan took nerve. I do remember having to leave more than one game at the Coliseum because I was cheering the "wrong" team. And I know that Miami would have had two undefeated seasons had they not had to play Oakland at the Coliseum the year before. Before Oakland's side trip to LA, Miami could never beat Oakland at home. The fans were just too great of a player in their own right.

I do plead guilty to totally ignoring my team when Johnson was coach. That is man I could never like nor respect. It broke my heart to see him lead the Dolfins. But I had no doubt that Miami would come back after Johnson left. I'm so glad to see it starting.

I hope you're enjoying the game. I'm so jealous. I really did enjoy going to Candlestick and cheering for my Fish. At least Whiner fans don't threaten to beat you up.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein