View Single Post

Old 06-06-2020, 06:30 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
I think you missed the point of asianthree’s post a bit...

Guests weren’t the reason for the shortage of tee times. It was all the reasons you give in your post. Not allowing guests to play for a while just made more tee times available for residents.
I have no data to support this but it is my belief that the number of guests that play the executive courses is insignificant.

This next statement is fact : when a group (say , foursome) puts in a request with a guest , ALL of the resident’s requests are processed FIRST by the computer system. The groups with guests get processed LAST and in many cases , they <may> get bumped out due to the lack of availability.

So, having a guest in the mix actually helps the resident’s ability to get a tee time because of the prioritization described .

Here is another fact : many of the people that are having problems getting a tee time is because they are not flexible enough with their requests.

I have a group of 6~8 golfers who plays every Thursday. For the request, I will ask for a 10:56 preferred tee time. Earliest time @ 10:00 , latest time 12:00 and I select Time over course.

Then I will make my course selections based on which ones we would “prefer” to play ...... but , here is the key to getting something..... I will list 18 ~20 courses on my request !!!!! All of them 466 and south.

And so we have never (NOT ONCE) been denied a tee time . And that summarizes my longish post (sorry) . You wanna play , FLEXIBILITY is the key !