View Single Post

Old 06-07-2020, 08:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbill1 View Post
It is not the worse course we have. I played there and thought it was pretty nice recently.
From what I've seen, it's always had he best green in The Villages. I've played most of the executives and a dozen or so championship courses and have always though that the greens at Silver Lake were as good or better than them all.

The rest of the course is terrible however. I don't know what you mean by recently, but I played there about a week ago. The tees are mostly dirt and if you miss a green you liable to be between two clumps of grass of worse a hole in the dirt. Chipping and pitching are almost impossible.

Since I've been back playing, I've only played three of the executives and if Silver Lake is not the worst, it's really a shame.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.