Thread: Cut the Cord!
View Single Post

Old 06-08-2020, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyquat View Post
We’ve had Directv for more years that I remember and in the past I’ve been able to “talk them down” when my monthly bill jumped up but I was surprised to see it jump $30 this month! I called and talked with two people and they would not budge so we are considering cutting the cord. I spent all day trying to get a trial of Hulu + live onto our 4 televisions. I was having the most difficulty with my Samsung Smart Tv. I could see the Hulu app but not the Hulu+live. Finally found some small print that the live is not available on some Samsung TVs, only Classic Hulu. This would not be satisfactory for us. I think I discovered that I would probably need an internet upgrade to do all that streaming. What experience has others had? Our current internet is 25 mpbs for $45 per month.
We have Century Link for Internet. Initially we had 25 MPBS and had a lot of problems when we cut the cord (we also had Direct TV for many years until we got tired of constant price increases) and started streaming. CL techs assured us 25 MBPS was enough for our 3 fire sticks. But neighbor suggested upgrading to 100 and sure enough that did the trick! And price did not increase too much. So my suggestion is to go with 100 MBPS.