View Single Post

Old 06-11-2020, 09:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,955 Times in 1,161 Posts

Went to Outback yesterday at lunchtime, and sat in the bar area and ordered the lunch Sirloin 6 oz for $12.99 with baked potato and salad with their own tangy tomato dressing, it's fantastic. It was just like normal times, there had a limited paper menu which was a mix of lunch and dinner items. The pumpernickel bread loaf is fantastic.

Also been to Giovannis at Southern Trace week before last at lunchtime and ordered the spaghetti with meat sauce, salad with house dressing and bread for $6.95. Prices are unreal and food was as good as usual, Every booth was filled and other than not having people waiting at the door to be seated, it was fairly normal.

Went to Olive Garden last week at lunchtime they had a limited paper menu and I ordered the Lasagna Classico at lunch for $9.99 with salad and bread. It was just as good as before, I always considered their lasagna almost tastes like candy, it's the best. Place was only about a 1/3 full and the bar area was closed.

Went to Fiesta Grande three weeks ago at lunchtime. We both ordered #6, that's a soft taco (beef or chicken) with rice and beans for $7.25. Tasted as great as ever and they have the biggest Cokes in town, 32 oz classes (we drink Diet Coke). Place was kind of empty.

We to Roberto's at Pinellas Plaza last week, (Giovanni's brother), ordered a medium pizza at lunchtime. Place was fairly empty, a lot of tables were missing. The booths they seating every other one, and only 3 parties were in the booth room. and about three groups were eating outside. The pizza was just like normal, very messy, I call it NY style since it's foldable. I think it was $10.99 plus a dollar for each topping, we only get green peppers.

Ate at McAlister's Deli at Brownwood two weeks ago at lunch time. I ordered my usual French Dip sandiwch with cucumber mix on the side and pickel, it's about $9. The place was almost empty at lunchtime, nothing like the normal times. The sandwich was good as usual.

Went to Miller's Ale House three weeks ago at lunchtime. Place was fairly crowded, we didn't wait at 11:30 but when we left they were waiting at the door. They had the tables and booths groups spread out. They have a limited menu on paper. I had the Philly Cheese Steak, if I remember correctly, it was just OK, I've had hamburger there before which was the best I had ever eaten, should stayed with that.

Went to Johnny Rockets last week for lunch. I wasn't a fan for a long time until a couple of years ago I discovered their Philly Cheese Steak. It's the best I've ever had, the bread is so fresh and I normally don't like cheese on burger or sub, but it's a Great sandwich with cheese!! My wife has an appointment today at LSL, so I think we're going again.

We haven't made any special trips just to go out and eat. We only stop for lunch when we have an appointment somewhere, just seems like we have so many places to be.