View Single Post

Old 06-12-2020, 09:52 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Good morning, lovinganimals,

I appreciate your letting me know that my detailed post helped you. I smiled a big smile when I saw your post back to me.

A couple of years ago, I found a big canvas with the colors I wanted at Lowe’s on 441 — or was it Home Depot. I am pretty sure it was Lowe’s.

Anyway, there was a small section there, kind of in the area of the kitchen display — or was it the window shades — well, somewhere in that neck of the woods.

If I am remembering correctly, it cost less than 40 dollars. The beauty of that price though was that it was a stretched canvas which needed nothing else — no frame needed. Also, it was big and colorful and splashy.

I don’t know what made me even look at the big box store for artwork. But I am glad I did. It was not a big selection and maybe they don’t sell those anymore, but it still might be worth looking.

I have bought some paintings and photos from Villagers at the shows that were happening then. I also found some things at the art festival in Leesburg. But, of course, those things probably cannot happen again for a while.

There is some wonderful talent in TV. (I have also bought some beautiful pottery from Villagers.)

And don’t forget about Goodwill. At a Goodwill store back home, I bought a signed print for 4 dollars. I rescued it from its corner and its broken frame and had it custom matted and framed because it “sparked joy.”

Trust your eye, and you will find things that will “spark joy” for you.

Have fun.

Boomer