View Single Post

Old 06-14-2020, 02:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I am about to start my second tomato crop. Lowes has tomatoes that are bred to withstand the Florida sun & heat.

I read a farmer's trick was to put a fish head in each hole when planting. It was suggested to freeze the fish heads first to avoid dealing with yucky heads.

I would imagine Winn-Dixie and Publix get their fish already beheaded. Maybe Lighthouse Seafood? Blue Fin probably uses theirs to make stock for chowder.

I wonder if I put half of a can of sardines packed in water into each hole if that would do the same thing.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say this post is kinda tongue in cheek . Can I suggest you forget growing your own tomatoes and buy them from someone at the Farmer's Market in Brownwood on Saturday morning. I cannot tell you his name, but he has a small covered stall and sells produce grown hydroponically and his tomatoes are $1.00 a piece and they are almost, not quite, as good as Northern tomatoes.

I am also going to shop The Villages Grown and see what their tomatoes are like, because the tomatoes in the stores are not edible. They all have a white core going through them that is kind of woody.

Mobile Market - The Villages Grown The Grown has a mobile van that is in my area tomorrow. Going to give them a try.

If you decide to experiment with growing your own toms I wish you the best of luck. I tried it for a couple of years and it was very disheartening, but the birds loved them!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak