View Single Post

Old 06-15-2020, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queasy27 View Post
I have not yet had my appointment with Dr. Ireland and will of course be discussing various options with her, but I'd be interested to hear other first-hand experiences and recommendations. Which type of lens did you select and were you satisfied with your decision?

I only know one person who had the surgery and her outcome wasn't the best.

Costs seem to vary quite a bit. My optometrist told me to get only what Medicare pays for: "No extras!"
My experience there wasn't so great. I wanted to improve my distance vision, but knew the trade-off would be that I'd need glasses for reading. After the procedures, I discovered that I see anything 6' away or further much better with 1.25 power reading glasses! And I still need glasses for reading as well.

I asked another doctor there if they may have put in the wrong lenses, and he said something about my eye changing shape. (???) In other words, not their fault. I doubt that, but I know of no recourse. Hard for me to recommend them.

Last edited by jandr; 06-15-2020 at 07:53 AM. Reason: forgot to include additional information.