View Single Post

Old 06-17-2020, 10:17 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,863 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj6426 View Post
It's about time for me to start cleaning up and clearing out--but just don't know what to do with my many years' worth of diaries. I suppose I should just toss them because my kids don't seem interested. My only hesitation is that maybe someday my grandchildren would feel differently. Although many of the entries related to my everyday activities--such as school events, dating, family problems, I also included my opinions of what was going in the world--politics, fashion, religion, trends, etc. I thought I would put this question out there to see if anyone has any solutions or suggestions. Thank you!
I agree with you that someday people may be fascinated by your diaries. I have a journal my grandmother kept now and then when she was a teenager, and I treasure it. The current excellent TV series “Gentleman Jack” is based on a two MILLION word diary written in a secret code by an amazing woman in England in the 1830s. James Boswell and Samuel Pepys wrote important journals, too.

I’ve just published the journal I kept from 1974-75, when I worked in the operating room of a bush hospital in Rwanda. Have a look! It’s called “They Don’t Eat Missionaries Anymore.” Lots of photos.
Robot Check