View Single Post

Old 06-20-2020, 03:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,525 Times in 3,111 Posts

Our lifestyle visit was less than 2 years ago. We stayed a week, a couple of blocks away from Brownwood Town Square in a lovely courtyard villa. My parents came for 2 nights during that week as well.

We wanted input from the sales agent assigned to us, so we set up an appointment on a day when my parents were there. We sat in the living room and asked tons of questions for an hour or so. Then we asked him to help us look at some of the open houses. He made some appointments at homes that didn't have open houses too, which was pretty awesome.

One of the days we did nothing but see properties we'd selected to look at. The rest of the time was spent riding around, enjoying the town squares, doing a little shopping, dining out and cooking in, and basically enjoying a week vacation. We -could- have done that the entire time if we wanted, but we were serious about moving to the Villages and it was time to discuss details with someone who could help us best.

We ended up buying a house March 2019, and we moved in last November after our house in the north finally sold and closed. Being with the agent really helped us hone in on the area we wanted, the type of house we wanted, the type of house we'd "settle for" if the house we wanted was over our budget, etc. etc.

Even though this was long after our visit, we asked our Lifestyle agent to help us with the purchase of our new home, since most of it would be done remotely and we needed someone in Florida to represent our interests regarding any repairs needed (it was pre-owned), problems needing solved, utility companies contacted, contractors informed, etc. etc. til we could get down there for the closing date and final walk-through.

In all, I'd say - even though you -can- do nothing on your Lifestyle Visit other than relax and enjoy your stay, I highly recommend taking advantage of the assigned agent, and letting him/her guide you on the costs, areas, answering any questions, addressing concerns, etc.