View Single Post

Old 06-21-2020, 02:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulfcoast View Post
The villa that you stayed in sounds perfect. We also have dogs so we will definitely want to buy a house with a fenced in back yard and, in my mind right now, the idea of being within walking distance to the action in one of the town squares sounds nice. It would be great to be able to walk over to one of the restaurants for dinner and drinks. I'm really looking forward to checking TV out and I appreciate your willingness to answer our questions. Thank you.
The CYVs where they hold the LSV now is Alden Bungalows, that's next to Brownwood. Here's a villa in Alden. CYVs all have fenced yards and you can find CYV communities near all three squares. A house with a fenced yard will be much more difficult. They only built a few single family homes with fences in the Pine Ridge area and when they come on the market they go very fast and are 5 miles from Brownwood square. Also in the new area south of 44 they have Veranda Homes, which are homes with a fence, but they have no square. Unlike when we bought our villa, it was very hard to find one with a two car garage, Alden Bungalows will have 2 car garages on almost every unit.

The Villages Florida

From Alden Bungalows you could walk to Brownwood Square, but you have to cross Powell Rd, which is 4 lanes with a medium and can be busy. You'll have a golf cart, take that cart through the tunnel to the right when you exit the villas and you'll come out across Powell Rd. The big brown brick building you'll see probably first is MVP Health Club, I usually go there about 3 or 4 days a week. It's actually not owned by TV, but if you have United Health Medicare Advantage through TV your membership is free, otherwise it's $60 a month. I would take a tour while your there, unless you're are totally against working out and gym classes.

A good place for a quick lunch is McAlister's Deli, it's two doors down from MVP. You also have Five Guys Hamburgers right after that, and World of Beer also has hamburgers. On Saturday mornings there is a Farmer's Market at Brownwood, and evey night at 5pm is a live band during normal times. Friday night is market night, so you'll see vendor tents set up around the square selling everything from the lamp post name signs to purses and sunglasses.

If you continue east of the square in your car, the next 4 lane divided road that is parallel to Powell Rd. is Buena Vista, that is one of the two north south main roads. If you got on Buena Vista and went north, you could go 15 miles and would be at the opposite end of TV. If you're a veteran, we have a 99,000 sf VA medical center at that end. That area is called Mulberry because the Rec Center and Shopping Center have that name. The maps would handy, they're $5 at the country clubs, the sales office, or best yet, go in the sales office and tell them your salesman said they should give you a map, it worked for me. Something we didn't have as much access nine years ago as they do now when I came, was google maps. Just dial in zip code 32162, which is the center part of TV and pick satellite view and you can see the roads and the landscape. You can check out street view and a lot of other things, although TV builds so quickly, many areas will only be areas of dirt when looked at even through now they're are roads and houses.