View Single Post

Old 06-23-2020, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ying li View Post
I purchased a 2020 Yamaha drive 2 efi quietech from the villages golf cart in LSL. I was about to change the oil. While looking at my owners Manuel, it recommended yamalube oil viscosity 10W-30 for temperatures 10 to 70 degrees Fahrenheit or 10W-40 for temperatures 10 to 110 degrees Fahrenheit. So I went to TV golf cart LSL. Asked to purchase a quart of 10W-40 yamalube oil. They told me they didn't sell 10W40, just the 30. I said, but we will be in the mid 90s the whole summer. The Manuel says to use 10W40 in these temperatures. They had no answer for me other than, we only sell 10W30. So the oil changes they do, break down after 70 degrees. Tell me how how many engines get ruined by this practice. I'm going to buy the 10W40 for my oil change and do it myself.
There is no excuse for a dealer to not have the correct oil. Especially if there's only two choices and they do oil changes all day, every day.

If it were me, I'd never return there. Besides, if you bought the right oil yourself and gave it them, who says they'll use it? You' will never know.

I would call an independent service company. There are many in The Villages that will come to your house. Do a search here on TOTV for their names.
If you want to do it yourself, the oil is available at many places online including Amazon and Walmart and oil change kits are available at many places online. I just looked.

No excuse for that. From a dealer no less!