View Single Post

Old 06-28-2020, 03:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,900 Times in 2,442 Posts

Be good to mention what type of yard you have? Grass or rock or combination of both? If you have rock spray nozzle pop ups are IMO bad choice? you water more of the rocks than you do the plants.

I would fine tune Times and adjust the pop ups provided Where I don’t spray the driveway, street, house Or my neighbors property. Then I would watch each station and determine amount time so don’t have huge runoff and water mostly the street drain.

If I had lot of rock In my yard I would pin point the pop up spray where I mostly water the plants and not the rocks. In some cases they have dripper lines I would run drippers to plants so the water watering the plant and not the rocks and cut off the pop-ups.

Now if you got to replace the pop ups you have I would be comparing the size of the line fitting see if it the same size as pop ups you want to install. I would also compare the operating pressure required for line and how may pop ups the line pressure can support.

As we know line pressure drops in neighborhoods due to amount of people watering at the same time so I would check pressure in mornings evenings, and early or later at time I want to water. This also can very on Different days Depending on who or how many watering on that day.

Last edited by Topspinmo; 06-28-2020 at 04:32 PM.