View Single Post

Old 06-29-2020, 05:50 AM
Veteran member

If you really want to get into the specifics of why we're so screwed with house insurance then you have to go back to the IRS and the political parties all deciding that the only way it can be deductible if it is paid through your business. Back in the mid-70s we paid $100 per month for pretty good insurance my children were born I paid only $12 for the telephone in the hospital today the average family pays 10 to $15,000 for insurance that does not include a 5 or $10,000 deductible. The second big problem is that are we consider insurance today is actually Health maintenance. In other words we want our insurance to pay for every little pill test and office visit . However true insurance should be for catastrophic events like breaking an arm a heart attack or liver cancer. If you had to pay the first 3 visits a year to your regular doctor and a modicum pause coverage for your Pharmacy say 500 a year then health insurance would be much much cheaper. Lastly one of the big faults have insurance in America is that the federal government cannot negotiate drug prices on behalf of Medicare and Medicaid for all 50 states the same as I do for Tricare and the arm defense cost. If you want to lower drug costs in America a simple off would be that no drugs can be charged more in retail and anywhere else in the world do you know that in Mexico Italy and Africa drug prices or 1/10 of what we pay? That is because the opportunity cost affordability is much less for those countries. Another way to lower Pharmacy drugs would be for the government to buy the patents out for a few million dollars a year for major drugs that treat things like diabetes cholesterol heart attacks and psychological issues Leslie you have hospitals that are non transparent in their pricing which has recently been disallowed whereas next year I believe they will have to actually post their top 100 operations and procedures on the internet as far as cost so you can shop bye-bye cost. This is just my two cents if you have other opinions as to how 2 lower our actual Healthcare cost I'd love to hear them