View Single Post

Old 07-01-2020, 05:11 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
We believe what fits our agenda so if you want to discount what you hear then go out and play. All I ask is that you respect others that may not believe what you believe or believe that you are an interpretive expert. That respect would include social distancing and masks.
I just check actual data sources for actual facts. Like when I see someone link a news report that implies all the Arizona Hospitals are bursting at the seams with covid patients and I look at Arizona Dept of Health stats and see that they are not.

I'm also not denying that there is a surge of new cases. Simply pointing out that the median age of these new cases is 35 and that people of this age group rarely die, are often asymptomatic, and that these types of cases have always been there, they just never got tested before. I predict, with factual reasons, that we will not see a huge spike in deaths from these surges unless the old and at risk drop their guard and start mixing it up too much with the general public.

Remember that Covid 19 death score thread someone posted a while back? I scored a twenty on it. 1 point for being alive, multiplied by 20 for being over 65. I challenged anyone in that thread to post a lower score. No takers. I haven't done any of the things that were listed that add more points, like going to grocery stores, going out to eat inside or outside table, movie theater, meetings of more than 5 etc etc

I am a superstar when it comes to social distancing, haven't been within 20 feet of anyone for 3 months. Don't have a mask, they don't protect you all that much and since I don't enter ANY buildings other than my own home, I don't have any need for a mask. I play golf (alone) swim in my pool, take walks, and talk to my neighbors from a very safe distance.

So no lectures on having respect are needed thank you.