View Single Post

Old 07-03-2020, 10:11 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie888 View Post
I got here 12 years ago when I was 57. I am 69 now and I know what happened to the villages. As the older owners died, The kids took over. Not a good scene. If you’re going to buy anything stay on the north side of 44. You go across 44 are you going to be paying Wildwood taxes as well as Sumter County taxes. No big deal. But, remember by concrete or block house. I was here when the tornado hit. No one tells you that. It wiped out half of Mallory country club so many houses destroyed. I would take a gas in the villages 2000 house is destroyed. So, it’ll never happen again thank God. That was in 2007 February second. Be sure, To buy a block a concrete house. Please
Also lived in Mallory in Feb 2007. The Alexa Villas, which are cement block CYV’s off of Timmonsville Way, had their roofs torn off and home contents sucked out. Coconut Cove a cement/block neighborhood rec center, was also destroyed. After seeing the tornado’s damage in person, I realized then that there’s not much you can do to withstand a tornado.

Also BTW, homes in LaBelle pay both Sumter County and Wildwood property taxes, and they’re North of 44. Not sure if all the homes bet 44 and 466A pay Wildwood taxes but I suspect those in Sumter County probably do.