View Single Post

Old 07-06-2020, 05:30 PM
Default Loud Music on the Golf Course

There have been many threads about proper golf etiquette here in The Villages but I ran across something this last Saturday that was a first for me. While playing Southern Star with a group of friends and neighbors our group was preparing to tee off at the 4th hole when suddenly the quiet morning was interrupted with very loud music. At first I assumed it was from a passing automobile since we were next to the roadway but after looking around we could not see any cars/carts in our vicinity. The music continued and we finally discovered that it was coming from a cart parked next to the green on the 3rd green just behind us which was driven by........wait for it.......one of the Ambassadors! We tried to get their attention to ask them to lower the volume but it was so loud they could not hear us over the music. Rather that create a fuss we just shook our heads and hit our tee shots.

It is not my intention to get anyone in trouble over this lack of etiquette but found it totally against everything I was ever taught about the rules of golf.