Thread: smoke detectors
View Single Post

Old 07-08-2020, 07:21 AM
Smile Smoke detectors / CO ALarms

Hello,
Since I have been in the business selling smoke, CO & Thermostats I have a much better experience to steer you in the right direction.
First, Get rid of the First Alert or BRK models in your home.
Second, in your kitchen area, buy a Kiddie smoke (PHOTOELECTRIC)/ CO detector ONE UNIT. Reason? Because a Photoelcetric does not alarm if you burn food in your oven. It sees low lying electrical fires and alike. Third, the CO is important in case of your car is left running in the garage or your furnace malfunctions.
Fourth, the rest of the house just use the the Kiddie Ionization Smokes (Less expensive)
However, make sure you buy the units the yell out the problem whether it is smoke or CO. Most of you would never know the difference which could cost you your life. I went to the Fire Dept one time to discuss this issue with them only to be told we keep it the old way so not one comes back and asks for the better ones!
Last, the only hardship here is you will be required to change the little pig tail and plate on the ceiling. If you do not feel comfortable doingit, any handy man can do it for you.

B SAFE