View Single Post

Old 07-08-2020, 01:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by billmcnall View Post
Is it too much to ask the ambassadors to do their job. Twice in the past 10 days we had 3 groups on the tee, one in the fairway and one on the green. On both of these days, we were pounded by a rainstorm on the 17th hole and were unable to finish. We should have been finished before the rain started if we moved at a normal pace instead of 20 minutes on every hole for the last 5 holes. Ambassadors don't do anything except deliver sand if needed and wave to you and thank you for coming out. They don't realize the aggravation of waiting 5 minutes to hit every shot or waiting 20 minutes on a tee box to start a hole. The group causing the slow down has an enjoyable day while every other group on the course has a miserable day. I think it's better to anger one group than to have every other group behind them angry about the slow play.
Ambassadors, please do your job!
You are not at your home golf course anymore. The Villages Official response is to not tell any person here what to do. So don't be mad at the Ambassadors. They aren't MARSHALS. They will not tell anyone what to do...and YES, EVERYONE hates slow play.

Except the newbies who want you to accept their foolin' around...and will say...Hey relax. It's just a game.

Fools. Just a game. My foot.

I feel your pain.