View Single Post

Old 07-09-2020, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treesa View Post
I'm originally from, LI, NY. I've been living in The Villages for 4 years now and I am overwhelmingly grateful that I live here. My neighbors are so loving and kind and this is exactly how I wanted my retirement to be (I always dreamed of living in Disney World). To live among like minded people who grew up with the same values and was taught to say "please" and "thank you" as children! When I first arrived, I even had neighbors that brought to my door, a plate of home made chocolate chip cookies! Now who could ask for anything better than that? When I slipped and broke my hip last year, my neighbors came to see me in the hospital and rehab facility that I was in for a month. When I came home, neighbors brought me meals and even helped me by changing sheets on my bed and vacuuming and mopping my floors! Now I'm back on my feet and able to drive and I couldn't be more happy living here in The Villages. I have had a few of my Friends from out of state call and ask if I was okay because of the recent occurrence involving the man in the golf cart and the protesters. I relieved their fears, by telling them that there are over 100,000 residents here and those few were just caught up in the heat of the moment, escalated by being cooped up too long because of COVID-19. Regardless, moving here is one of the best decisions I ever made in my life! So glad to be here my fellow Villagers!
You are totally correct!!!!