View Single Post

Old 07-09-2020, 08:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,050 Times in 2,740 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Loud music or any consistent loud sound such as cheering would not bother me. It's the sudden shout or releasing of a cart brake that get to me.

Back in one of the Ryder Cups, one of the players encourages the crowd to keep cheering while he hit his shot. It wasn't a problem for him and shouldn't be a problem for anyone.

As long as he sound is fairly consistent.

If you play Hilltop, you will hear the music coming from the country club on the first tee, second green and third tee. It's simply part of the background.

While I agree that a golf course, especially early in the morning, is no place for loud music, it wouldn't bother any one swing as long as it it didn't start of stop in the middle of my swing.
Agree, noise does not bother me in the least. In fact, we like to play Riley at Palmer in the evening and listen to the band playing in Lake Sumter Landing (before Covid 19) across the lake on the last few holes.

Movement, on the other hand, bothers me a lot. I hate playing with people that stand behind me and are constantly moving. Leaving the flag in the cup also bothers me when the wind is blowing and the shadow of the flag is waving in my putting line.